Friday 7 March 2014

FEA of my day.

Left it really quite late now...

Today was pretty epic for me, well not even just for me, the whole of Southsea Coffee Co.

Today we had a meeting about becoming ambassadors for Portsmouth, a huge responsibility for all of us.
I'll speak more about that later when I'm not so tired.

Today was really hot, which is fine with me! Its nice to have a day off from work and the weather be awesome.
Instead of riding today i spent the day with my girlfriend who had booked the day off from work, which is really quite nice as we don't get full days off to see each other.

After Lunch at Southsea Coffee Co we went for a walk along Southsea seafront and ended up in Clarence Pier, where we then spent the rest of the afternoon winning handfuls of really pointless prizes. A stuffed unicorn and alien later we met up with my mum and had something to eat.

So here i am sat on the sofa writing this up, ignoring my girlfriend and glancing at the TV and wishing someone would do something about that really annoying "One Sheet" dude from the Bounty advert.



Bike for bedtime?

Check this out...


This is a custom painted S-Works Venge.

Owned by Garret Chow the paint job may look strange but for any nerds out there who will know whats going on here bear with me while i explain to everyone whats so special.

The paint job is the result of an FEA Analysis, this is a map showing where the main points of stress would be, these are crucial results when designing bikes as designers will need to know where to use different strengths of carbon to keep the frame strong when being put under stress.

So, as you can see...
Red areas are where the frame would be under the most stress.
Yellow and green are medium stress zones.
Blue areas are not really affected by stress.

This is a very clever design painted on an equally impressive bike with Campagnolo Super Record EPS, slammed stem and some neat unbranded deep dish carbon wheels finishing off  the ultimate custom bike, this ride is sure to turn heads anywhere it goes.


More tomorrow as I'm up early for work.


Goodnight guys,

Stay Flemish

No comments:

Post a Comment